How to leave a discord server? One of the best features of Discord is its servers. You can invite dozens of friends or build a community of strangers within the app. Discord servers contain channels; where you can talk about anything that pertains to a specific topic.
But sometimes, servers can get out of control due to misbehaving members or become stagnant due to inactivity. At times like these, escaping a server is helpful. The steps to leave a server are easy regardless of your device. So, here are easy step-by-step walkthroughs on how you can leave a Discord server on many platforms.
How to Leave a Discord Server on PC (Windows & Mac)
The steps to leave a Discord server on a PC are the same if you utilize the Discord app or the web version. This method is applicable to Mac, PC, laptops, and Chromebooks.
- Launch the Discord app and log in.
- Go to the server name in the top-left corner.
- Click the Drop Arrow button.
- Scroll down and select Leave Server.
- A Dialog Box will appear. Click on Leave Server for confirmation.
How to Leave a Discord Server on Mobile (iPhone & Android)
Leaving a Discord server on your mobile phone follows a equivalent process. Here is a short guide that shows you how to do so on iPhone and Android devices.
- Open the Discord app on your mobile device.
- Search and choose the server you want to leave.
- Tap on the three dots beside the server.
- From the list of options, tap on Leave Server.
- When prompted, tap on Leave Server for confirmation.
After this procedure, you won’t get any updates like notifications and messages. If you want the access back, you will have to ask for approval from the server admin to rejoin.
How to Leave a Discord Server on Your Tablet & iPad?
If you’re peeking to leave a server in Discord through your tablet or iPad, here’s how to do it.
- Login to your Discord app.
- On the left-hand side, choose the server you want to leave.
- On the banner, click on the three dots in the top-right corner.
- Scroll down and tap the Leave Server button.
- Select Yes in the pop-up to confirm.
How to Transfer Ownership in Your Discord Server?
If you don’t want to be the server, there are a few things you can consider. Transferring your ownership to another member is the way to go.
The following steps explain how you can give server ownership to another member and give them full administrator rights:
- Launch the Discord Application and Log In to your account.
- Click on the server name to the left of your screen.
- Select server settings.
- Scroll down and proceed to the Members option under user management.
- Choose the member you’re giving ownership to.
- Tap on the three dots that appear next to the name.
- The option to transfer ownership will appear. Click on the ‘Transfer Ownership’ button.
The process is now complete. You will now notice a crown symbol next to the name of the new owner in the member list.
How to Delete a Discord Server You Created?
Deleting a Discord that you made can be easy and followed through in a few steps.
- Open the Discord app and Log In.
- Select the file you wish to delete from the server.
- In the top left corner, click the down arrow next to the server name.
- Select Server Settings.
- At the bottom, click on Delete Server.
- Type in your Server Name and tap on Delete Server.
- A pop-up box will appear. Click on Delete Server.
Leaving a Discord Server without Anyone Knowing
Depending upon how large the server is, leaving the server might be unnoticed by some users for a time. You can also take other measures to prevent them from noticing. You can begin by changing your Username and Avatar. You can even turn on your invisible mode. However, if bots are present on the discord server, server members will be informed when you leave.