There are so many things to do with kids! You can go to the park, the zoo, the library, or a museum. You can also go swimming, play ball, go for a walk, or have a picnic. There are also many children’s books, movies, and TV shows to enjoy.
Things to Do with Kids
Zoom Around in Cardboard Race Cars
There are many things to do with kids, but one of the most fun is to zoom around in cardboard race cars. Kids will have a blast racing each other and pretending to be real race car drivers.
Here’s what you’ll need:
– Several pieces of sturdy cardboard, cut into the shape of race cars
– A roll of masking tape or duct tape
– Some paint or markers to decorate the cars
– A box or two for the races
To make the cars, start by cutting out some basic shapes for the body and wheels from the cardboard. Then use the masking tape or duct tape to attach them together. You can also add some details like racing stripes or numbers with paint or markers.
Once your cars are ready, it’s time for the races!
Make a Cardboard Dollhouse
Do you have a little one at home who is always looking for something to do? If so, why not try making a cardboard dollhouse? This is a fun activity that both kids and parents can enjoy. Follow the listed steps:
- Start by drawing the outline of your dollhouse on a piece of cardboard. You can either freehand it or use a template as a guide.
- Cut out the pieces of your dollhouse using a sharp knife or scissors.
- Assemble the pieces using hot glue or duct tape.
- Decorate your dollhouse with paint, stickers, or other decorations.
- Have fun playing with your new toy!
Make Your Own Drive-in Movie
If you’re looking for things to do with kids, making your own drive-in movie is a fun, affordable option. You’ll need a screen (an old sheet or a piece of cardboard will work), some tape, a DVD player, and a car. projector, or even your smartphone.
To set up the drive-in movie theater, hang the screen from something sturdy like a tree or porch railing. Tape the DVD player to the dashboard of your car (or prop it up on something so it can be seen from outside) and crank up the volume. Then all you need is some snacks and drinks and you’re good to go!
Bring Minecraft to Life
- Get creative and have some fun with your kids by bringing Minecraft to life. There are a number of different ways to do this, so be sure to choose the one that is best for your family.
- One option is to create a Minecraft world that they can explore. This can be done by using a projector or a large screen. You can also use cardboard boxes to create the different worlds.
- Another option is to create Minecraft figurines out of Play-Doh or other materials. This can be a lot of fun and it allows your kids to get creative with their designs.
- If you want to take things up a notch, you can also build miniature Minecraft worlds out of Legos. This will require some creativity, but it can be a lot of fun for both you and your kids.
Make Your Own Pinwheel
Making your own pinwheel is a fun and easy activity for kids of all ages. Supplies you will need include paper, a pencil, a ruler, scissors, a bowl of water, and a paintbrush.
- Cut out a square piece of paper measuring 6 inches by 6 inches. Fold the paper in half diagonally to form a triangle. Unfold the paper and then fold it in half again the opposite way to create another triangle.
- Draw lines on the folded edge of the triangle using a pencil and ruler to create four equally spaced lines.
- Cut along the lines with scissors.
- Open up the folded paper and you will have four triangular-shaped pieces of paper.
- Dip each piece of paper into water and then paint the edges with any color of your choice.
Make a Portable art Easel
Making a portable art easel is a fun and easy project that both you and your kids can enjoy. The easel can be made from materials that you likely have around the house, such as a cardboard box and some paint or markers.
To make the easel, start by cutting two flaps out of one end of the cardboard box. These flaps will act as support for the easel. Next, cut a piece of cardboard to fit inside the box and use it as a surface to draw or paint on.
Finally, use tape or clips to attach the flaps to the side of the box, so that they form a stand. You can now use your art easel to create masterpieces with your kids!
Bubbles are a fun and simple way to keep kids entertained. Here are some ideas for things to do with bubbles:
- Have a bubble-blowing contest.
- Make bubble art.
- Play bubble tag.
- Blow bubbles through a straw into a bowl of water and watch the bubbles form patterns.
- Make a bubble snake or bubble caterpillar.
Hide-and-seek is a simple game that can be played with any number of people. One person is chosen to be “it” and they close their eyes while everyone else hides. “It” then counts to a predetermined number (usually 10) and opens their eyes to try to find the other players.
If “it” finds someone, that player becomes “it” and the process repeats. If “it” doesn’t find anyone after counting, then everyone who is still hiding must come out and the game is over.
Make a Bird Feeder
Making a bird feeder is a fun and easy project that kids can help with. You will need a small jar or container, peanut butter, birdseed, a spoon, and a wire hanger.
- Wash the jar or container and then dry it off.
- Spread peanut butter on the inside of the jar or container.
- Pour birdseed on top of the peanut butter.
- Use the spoon to mix together the peanut butter and birdseed until well combined.
- Bend the wire hanger into a loop and then twist it around to make a hanger for the feeder.
- Hang the feeder in a tree or somewhere where birds can easily reach it.
- Watch as birds flock to your new feeder!