Employment Law – How to Get Free Advice on Employment Law

There are a number of different employment laws that can impact an employer or employee. It is important to have an attorney who can help both parties navigate these laws.

Redmans are a firm of specialist employment solicitors who offer an initial free consultation for anyone in the UK with an employment law problem. This will include an assessment of the issue and a telephone call with one of their employment lawyers.

The Advisory Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS) is a government organization that can help resolve disputes between employers and employees. It also helps improve workplace relations by providing training for managers and employees. It can help businesses avoid legal action by mediating conflicts over issues like flexible working or pay. It can also provide guidance on how to deal with a request for leave. You can find out more about the benefits of Acas by visiting its website or calling their free advice line. It is also possible to download free Acas materials on the Tiger website.

Use the Acas dictionary to learn synonyms and related words. You can also try our online word games to test your knowledge and learn new vocabulary.

Eass is a helpline for information advice and support on discrimination and human rights issues to individuals in England, Scotland, and Wales. The service is commissioned by the government and works in partnership with other advice organisations, including the Equality and Human Rights Commission. The service also provides signposting to other organisations that may be able to help.

Research conducted by Sitel found that around four in ten Eass customers felt that the service had made a positive difference to them. This included preventing them from needing to seek paid-for legal advice; improving their confidence dealing with similar issues in the future; and providing them with knowledge or access to justice they wouldn’t have had without the Eass service.

One of the unique aspects of the Eass is that its topical modules are integrated into preexisting surveys already in place in each participating country, namely CGSS (China), JGSS (Japan), KSCS (Korea), and TSCS (Taiwan). This methodology allows for direct cross-national comparisons to be made without having to develop a new independent survey.

The EHRC is a national body responsible for protecting and upholding human rights. It has a wide range of powers to investigate discrimination and harassment in the workplace. It also produces guidance on positive action and has a duty to promote equality in the workplace.

Its strategic direction is set by a board of Commissioners led by the chair. The Board holds the Commission to account for its performance and ensures that it has effective systems of governance and accountability.

The law on discrimination and harassment is constantly changing, so it is important to keep up to date. You can find out more by reading the EHRC’s Statutory Code of Practice on Employment and its guidance on positive action.

Some charities and advice centres offer free legal advice on work issues. You can find out more about the organisations that can help you on the Citizens Advice website. You can also check whether your home or car insurance cover includes access to legal advice.
Employment Tribunal Customer Contact Centre

You can make a tribunal claim for a wide range of issues arising in the workplace. You can bring your case with professional legal representation, with a representative of your choice or with no representatives at all. The decision-making process is usually complex and can take months to get to a hearing. The Covid-19 pandemic has increased the backlog of cases and this may continue for a while.

You must start a free Acas ‘early conciliation’ process before you can lodge your claim at the employment tribunal. Once you have done this the tribunal will send you a certificate, which you must bring with you to the hearing.

The tribunal will ask you and your employer to provide any relevant information and documents for the case. You will then have a hearing, where you and your employer will put your accounts of events to a panel of judges. Witnesses can be called to support the arguments made. If you are financially eligible, you can get help and advice with your legal costs through the tribunal litigation support scheme.free advice employment law