How to make a post shareable on Facebook? Facebook is the biggest social media platform with around 2.85 billion monthly active users continuously posting pictures and videos with their friends and family. Separated from sharing their own content, people also like to share others’ posts that they find entertaining or instructive. But, if you’re posting something on your Facebook profile and want others to spread it, you’ll need to make sure that the actual post is shareable first. This option should be active especially when you are a business using Facebook as part of your social media marketing strategy.
Thus, in this blog, we’ll discuss key topics of how you can make a post shareable on Facebook profiles as well as pages and groups. We’ll also show you how you can schedule your Facebook posts to streamline your content across FB profiles, pages, and groups.
How to make a post shareable on Facebook
Follow these steps to make your post shareable on Facebook:
- On your Facebook Home page, click on ‘What’s on your mind?’
- Under your Facebook profile name, there’s a security button that you can tap on.
- Tap on it and you’ll see a list of options to change the post’s sharing settings. Change this to ‘Public’. Now the post can be shared by anyone on or off of the Facebook website.
If you choose ‘Friends’, your post can be shared by anyone that you are friends with on Facebook. If you choose ‘Friends Except’, your post can be shared by any of your friends except the ones that you indicate here.
If you choose ‘Specific Friends’, your post can only be shared by the people that you indicate here. Setting ‘Only me’ would mean that only you can see and share the post. The ‘Custom’ option lets you choose a list of people with whom you want to share the post.
How to make a post shareable on a Facebook page
Below are the stages to make a post shareable on a Facebook page:
- From your Facebook home page, tap on the Pages option in the left menu.
- From the list, choose the Page that has the post you wish to share.
- Scroll down the page until you find the relevant post. Tap on Share on the lower right of the post to share it with others. Posts on a page wall are all set to Public by default and can’t be changed. Anyone who has access to a Page has the capability to share a post.
How to make a post shareable on a Facebook group that’s public
If you are in a Facebook group that is available to the public, anything you post in that group can be shared by members. This is as long as you have set the security settings as public.
- From your Facebook home page, click on ‘Groups’ at the top of the left menu.
- From the list of groups, choose the one that you want to post on.
- You can post in the groups you administer/manage and those that have enabled posting permissions for group members.
- On the homepage of the group, tap on the button saying ‘Write something’.
- Create a post that you like and share it in the group. Since the group is public, a share button will occur in the lower right of the post using which anyone can share your post.
How to make a post shareable on Facebook in a closed group
If you’re in a private Facebook group, any posts you create within the group won’t be shareable outside of it. If you want to make a post in your private Facebook Group that can be shared by others, follow the instructions below:
- Make the post public on your newsfeed/timeline and make sure that it can be shared.
- On the lower-right corner of the Facebook post, there will be a Share button. Tap on it and a drop-down menu will appear.
- Select ‘Share to Group’ then select the private group you’re in.
- The post will then be shared with your group. Anyone else who wants to share the post can go to the original post and share it from there.