How to Delete Photos From iCloud
How to Delete Photos From iCloud? When Apple first introduced iCloud, it was nothing more than a glorified syncing service. Sure, it kept your music, apps, and books up to date between your devices, but it didn’t do much more than that.
With the release of iOS 8 though, things changed. Now, iCloud is becoming a powerful photo storage solution with some features that even rival services like Dropbox.
Here are just a few of the things you can do with photos and iCloud:
– First and foremost, iCloud gives you a place to backup all of your photos and videos. This is important because it means that even if you lose your phone, or it gets stolen, your photos will still be safe.
– You can also access your photos from any device that has an internet connection.
Do Photos Stay on iCloud if Deleted from iPhone?
According to Apple, when you delete a photo from your iPhone, it also deletes from your iCloud. However, there are ways to keep your photos in iCloud even if you delete them from your iPhone.
If you have iCloud Photo Library turned on, any photos you delete from your iPhone will stay in iCloud. This is because iCloud Photo Library keeps all of your photos and videos in sync across all of your devices. So, if you delete a photo on your iPhone, it will also delete from your iPad and Mac.
However, there is a way to keep photos in iCloud even if you delete them from your iPhone. If you have iCloud Photo Library turned off, deleting a photo from your iPhone will notdelete it from iCloud. To turn off iCloud Photo Library, go to Settings > Photos > Turn Off iCloud Photo Library.
How to Delete Photos From iCloud But Keep Them on the iPhone
Deleting photos from your iCloud but keeping them on your iPhone is a simple process. Here’s how to do it:
- On your iPhone, open the Settings app.
2. Tap your name at the top of the screen, then tap iCloud.
3. Tap Photos, then select Download and Keep Originals.
4. Open the Photos app and delete the photos you want to remove from iCloud but keep on your iPhone.
5. When you’re prompted, choose Delete From Recently Deleted.
6. That’s it! The photos will be removed from iCloud but will remain on your iPhone.
Understanding the ‘Optimize iPhone Storage’ Setting
When it comes to managing the storage on your iPhone, you may have noticed the “Optimize iPhone Storage” setting under the Usage section in Settings. But what does this setting actually do?
The “Optimize iPhone Storage” setting helps manage the amount of storage space on your device by automatically deleting certain types of files when they are no longer needed. For example, when you delete a photo from your Camera Roll, it will also delete any associated thumbnail images and other related data that is taking up space on your device.
This setting can be helpful if you are running low on storage space and need to clear up some room quickly. However, it is important to note that this setting will also delete certain types of files that you may want to keep, such as downloaded apps or movies.
Q: How do I download photos from iCloud?
A: One way to download photos from iCloud is by using the Download Photos tool. This will download all of the photos in your iCloud account to your computer.
To use this tool, open the Download Photos wizard by selecting “Download Photos” from the “My Photo Stream” section of iCloud preferences. You can also access this wizard by going to www.icloud.com, signing in with your Apple ID, and selecting the Photos icon.
Click “Download” to begin downloading your photos. The Download Photos wizard will first ask you where you would like to save the downloaded files on your computer. Once you have selected a location, click “Download” again and the download process will begin.
Q: How do I upload photos to iCloud?
A: If you already have an iCloud account, open the app and sign in.
- Once you’re signed in, click on the Photos tab.
- On the next page, you will see all of the photos that are currently stored in iCloud.
- To upload new photos, click on the “Upload” button in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- A pop-up window will appear; from here, you can choose to upload photos from your computer or from your iOS device.
- If you’re uploading from your computer, select the photos that you want to upload and click “Open.”
- If you’re uploading from your iOS device, select the album that contains the photos you want to upload and then tap “Done.”
- The selected photos will begin uploading to iCloud; once the upload is complete, they will be accessible from any device that is signed into your iCloud account.